EtherMega SPI and Adafruit 2.8 inch ILI9341

Combining the power of the ATmega2560 MCU with onboard Ethernet, a microSD card slot, an efficient switchmode power supply, and a small prototyping area. [Product page]
charlesjudd

EtherMega SPI and Adafruit 2.8 inch ILI9341

Postby charlesjudd » Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:08 am

Hello,
I have an Arduino Uno, and Arduino Mega working ok with Adafruit 2.8 inch ILI9341. However, I cannot get it working with a ETHERMEGA.
Example adafruit sketches and my sketch load ok to the Ethermega.
Serial monitor starts OK and i can see ethernet loading ok, and some program runtime messages.
Serial monitor also indicates that the touch screen is working ok as it is logging touch messages and co-ordinates to the serial monitor.

The backlight of the tft turns on, but no display.
I have two screens and have tested both on the UNO and they are working ok. Just not EtherMega.

I have changed the SPI pin assignments to avoid EtherMega pin 4 (SD Card) and also avoiding pin 10 (Ethernet).

#define TFT_DC 5
#define TFT_CS 6
#define TFT_MOSI 51
#define TFT_CLK 52
#define TFT_RST 2
#define TFT_MISO 50
Adafruit_ILI9341 tft = Adafruit_ILI9341(TFT_CS, TFT_DC, TFT_MOSI, TFT_CLK, TFT_RST, TFT_MISO);

I'd greatly appreciate anyone helping me identify if I'm using some wrong pin assignments. maybe I'm using something that is reserved for another purpose on the EtherMega?

Fritzing image of setup attached also (my fist one ever!)
Attachments
Arduino Menu Project EtherMega_bb.jpg
fritzing image of cabling (my first fritz)

Return to “EtherMega”