Vehicle telemetry project

The book "Practical Arduino" by Jonathan Oxer and Hugh Blemings covers a range of projects and techniques from basic to advanced. [Book site] [Buy online]
LukeW

Vehicle telemetry project

Post by LukeW » Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:28 am

Just something I'm wondering about.

http://practicalarduino.com/projects/ve ... y-platform

The PA website seems to be missing the schematic image for the vehicle telemetry project, even though these schematic images are given on the PA website for all the other Practical Arduino projects.

Will this schematic image be available online in the future, or was it just accidentally left out?

jonoxer
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: Vehicle telemetry project

Post by jonoxer » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:53 am

I think I ran out of steam by the time I'd got to creating that page!

It was also slightly more complicated because the schematics in the book were broken down into sub-systems, and there wasn't a complete schematic showing everything in one go. It couldn't scale to fit on a page and still be legible.

I've had a look through my files for the book and I can't find those schematics. It's possible that I never actually got those ones, and they went straight to Apress: I drew the schematics by hand originally and scanned them, then Hugh recreated them neatly in gEDA and sent them on. I'll check if he has them available.
--
Jon

MikePog

Re: Vehicle telemetry project

Post by MikePog » Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:51 am

Vehicle Telemetry Platform Schematics

Hi,

I have purchased 'Practical Arduino' and I am very interested in building the Vehicle Telemetry Platform, however I find myself stuck without the schematics. I have looked through http://www.practicalarduino.com/project ... y-platform and various forums but I cannot find suitable schematics using the ELM327 and GPS as described in the book. I have got myself an EKLM327 chip and various other necessary components but I would appreciate the schematics so I can begin building the project.

Can anyone please provide these schematics?

Thanks,
Mike