Melbourne RepRap Users Group (MRRUG)

Got a Makerbot, a RepRap, or some other 3D printer?
geekscape

Melbourne RepRap Users Group (MRRUG)

Post by geekscape » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:36 pm

hi All,

Stuart, Peter, Rob and John who regularly attend Melbourne HackerSpace meetings are effectively the core of the MRRUG.

Stuart holds periodic meetings specifically for 3D printer enthusiasts, where up-to 20 printers may be seen (in various states of completion).

Nearly every weekly Melbourne HackerSpace meeting there are one or more people working on their 3D printers. There is a completed MakerBot Cupcake (modified) always available for play. Several people are completing RepRap Mendels, including 3 Prusas, one of which will belong to the HackerSpace for general use.

There are a number of other CNC projects in-progress, including a milling machine and a laser cutter / engraver. One of our members also has an EggBot. So, there is a range of equipment to play with.

The overall goal is to have a core group based in Melbourne who can assist others with getting up-to-speed with building more 3D printers, tuning, tweaking and using them ... and having a ready means of printing / acquiring parts for new printers.

cheers andyg (@geekscape)

cef
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: Melbourne RepRap Users Group (MRRUG)

Post by cef » Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:00 am

For those wondering, MMRUG started on the RepRap forum - http://forums.reprap.org/list.php?129

Our next meeting will hopefully be in early December. We've outgrown my garage, so we're going to need a bigger space to hold the meeting in. This may require us to charge a door fee to cover the costs of venue hire.

FWIW: My printer (an original Sells Mendel with a Wades extruder) is now almost ready to start printing. It's taken a long time (way too long), mainly due to life throwing a whole heap of obstacles in my way. Will try and throw up some pics once I've got it finished.

Vanita

Re: Melbourne RepRap Users Group (MRRUG)

Post by Vanita » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:53 am

FSL3D, producer of the prevalent Pegasus Touch laser 3D printer, the forthcoming Phoenix Touch 3D printers, and additionally subtractive laser material preparing arrangements assignment help uk, has propelled new service department for prototyping and low-volume generation.