Need pointers fo.11+433 Receiver + WS-3600 Weather station.

315MHz and 433MHz wireless connections are very commonly used by consumer electronics including weather stations, home automation remote controls, power consumption meters, car alarms, and also many DIY projects.
rachalmers

Need pointers fo.11+433 Receiver + WS-3600 Weather station.

Post by rachalmers » Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:16 pm

Very much newbie here. I am just in the purchase stage of a Freetronics 11+433 Receiver to try and get useable data from my LaCrosse WS-3600 Weather station.
The two components from Freetronics haven't arrived yet, but I'm just trying to get ahead of the game a bit, and wondering if anyone actually has this combo working, and would care to share how they did it?
I'm familiar with programming on both Windows and Mac platforms, ie, C C++ Coco - XCode etc, but would prefer to havre this thing talking to my Mac-mini to feed data to Weather Display. However I can run it all up on Windows 8.1 if really necessary.

But basically, how's it done ???? I guess is the basic question.
I presume this equipment isn't 'plug and play' haha.

Thanks for any pointers and/or help
Robert

andrew
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: Need pointers fo.11+433 Receiver + WS-3600 Weather stati

Post by andrew » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:25 am

rachalmers wrote:Very much newbie here. I am just in the purchase stage of a Freetronics 11+433 Receiver to try and get useable data from my LaCrosse WS-3600 Weather station.
The two components from Freetronics haven't arrived yet, but I'm just trying to get ahead of the game a bit, and wondering if anyone actually has this combo working, and would care to share how they did it?
I'm familiar with programming on both Windows and Mac platforms, ie, C C++ Coco - XCode etc, but would prefer to havre this thing talking to my Mac-mini to feed data to Weather Display. However I can run it all up on Windows 8.1 if really necessary.

But basically, how's it done ???? I guess is the basic question.
I presume this equipment isn't 'plug and play' haha.

Thanks for any pointers and/or help
Robert
Check out the original project and sketch from the Practical Arduino book website:
http://practicalarduino.com/projects/we ... n-receiver

rachalmers

Re: Need pointers fo.11+433 Receiver + WS-3600 Weather stati

Post by rachalmers » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:44 am

Thanks, yes, I've got that. It's a bit dated, and not based on the WS3600 station, however I should be able to use it with some work, as I think the 3600 is virtually the same.
Being serial output, should also be able to feed it to a serial/USB dongle.