Help 433 and Lacrosse

315MHz and 433MHz wireless connections are very commonly used by consumer electronics including weather stations, home automation remote controls, power consumption meters, car alarms, and also many DIY projects.
Nick

Re: Help 433 and Lacrosse

Post by Nick » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:50 am

Thanks guys for you feedback, hopefully Marc will be able to provide a definitive answer. Hopefully I'll also have time to look into myself, really would like to get this working.

Thanks again
Nick

Pennyworth

Post by Pennyworth » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:46 am

Guys,

After a bit of fiddling, I found that the following changes now allow me to reliably see that data from my Lacrosse Weather Station WS2355 using both an Arduino Uno ( genuine SMD Edition) and a Freetronics EtherTen using the V2 of the 433 Receiver shield.

The following changes were made to the WeatherStation.h file.

Update the following lines:
WSR_PERIOD_FILTER_MIN change from 300 to 240
WSR_LONG_PERIOD_MIN change from 1200 to 1000.

I have made these changes, compiled and upload the sketch to both the Arduinos and now I can receive the data.

Also, something more of interest is that I receive 2 transmissions( one after the other) of the data from the remote station.

Pennyworth

mikejharper

Post by mikejharper » Sat May 19, 2012 12:58 pm

Thanks pennyworth, I was just getting the powered up message until I made the changes you suggested :)

mypinballs

Post by mypinballs » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:37 pm

Just wanted to say a big thank you to pennyworth, I was tearing my hair out until i read your post. Sorted my issues out instantly :D Before making the change all i got was the power up message.

I'm using the techno-line WS2350 variant of the lacross weather station featured in the Practical Arduino book, an arduino uno v3 and v4 of the 433Mhz shield. I believe techno-line produce the version here in the uk.

One other thing on my 433Mhz shield the red and green leds don't seem to do a great deal. Not sure if something else needs changing as i now get the data feed ok. I have v4 and the green led is on all the time, the red one never comes on. When data is being received though i see an orange led from the uno itself blink away.

Hope this info helps others