Packaging for shields

The LCD and Keypad Shield gives you a handy 16-character by 2-line display, 5 buttons and a controllable backlight.
wavefront

Packaging for shields

Post by wavefront » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:43 am

Hi,

I've had a look around, both at Freetronics and other sites, but can't seem to find what I would think would be an obvious thing...

I'm after packages, like plastic shells, to put the Eleven and/or it's shields in. Essentially a housing for the finished product.

I've made a kit based on an Eleven, a terminal shield and the 16x2 LCD with buttons shield, and in particular I'm looking for a housing to put the LCD with buttons in, so it has nice rubber or plastic buttons, and so all the circuitry and wires are hidden.

I would have thought this thing would be quite common but I can't really find even a mention of it! Maybe I'm looking for the wrong terminology...

andrew
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: Packaging for shields

Post by andrew » Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:21 am

That's an excellent question. The problem with offering enclosures is that due to the open-source nature of the Arduino ecosystem - everything is different. Then taking into account the possible combinations of boards and shields - the possibilities are exponential.

Thus apart from the basic enclosures that just hold the standard Uno there really isn't much out there unless you make it yourself.