LCD shield drilling plan

The LCD and Keypad Shield gives you a handy 16-character by 2-line display, 5 buttons and a controllable backlight.
pmiller

LCD shield drilling plan

Post by pmiller » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:36 am

I'm after a PDF file (or anything else, so long as I can print it a 1:1) that gives the the location of the LCD and the buttons. I want to make a case for my (yet another) alarm clock, and I would like to know where to drill the 1/16"-ish holes for the 5 buttons, and the cut-out for the LCD.

Thanks,
PMiller

LukeW

Re: LCD shield drilling plan

Post by LukeW » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:44 am

Hmm, that's a really good idea.

I could probably spend a little bit of time making this from the Freetronics eagle files for the board.

adr1an

Post by adr1an » Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:33 am

I've used this - which is just the silkscreen layer from Eagle. I've printed it to a 1:1 PDF File if its of any help.. I've attached it as a Zip file as raw PDF's aren't allowed.
16x2LCDShieldv2-template.zip
(17.64 KiB) Downloaded 475 times

mcpoly

Post by mcpoly » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:10 am

The document in the previous post is ok if you are going to print it out and file, etc. However it would be helpful to have a diagram with with drill hole dimensions and LCD hole dimensions for use in a laser cut or CNC milled front panel.

Derfman

Post by Derfman » Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:44 am

I have noticed a similar display in Fritzing, made by snootlab, which has lots of info,including holes etc, but the buttons on the freetronics board are replaced by a joystick?
I have also found a template here for just the lcd here;
http://www.instructables.com/id/Home-Ma ... -Displays/

Hope that helps