Eagle files corrupt?

The LCD and Keypad Shield gives you a handy 16-character by 2-line display, 5 buttons and a controllable backlight.
ninja2

Eagle files corrupt?

Post by ninja2 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:31 am

I tried to open the board layout file 16x2LCDShieldv2.brd (downloaded from GITHUB) in Eagle 6.0.0 but it is corrupt. ("not an Eagle file") and the schematic (.sch) is too.

Has anyone been able to open these files ?

andrewduncan

Re: Eagle files corrupt?

Post by andrewduncan » Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:04 pm

Hi Ninja2,

I suspect you did the same thing as I did today (but I was opening the USBDroid files). If you go to the github page and right click on them, you will download some XML that Eagle wont like. You need to click on the link of the file you want. This will slide open another page and then use the raw link to download the file. Here are the direct links:

The board layout file is here

https://github.com/freetronics/16x2LCDS ... ieldv2.brd

The schematic file is here

https://github.com/freetronics/16x2LCDS ... ieldv2.sch

Glad I am not the only one!

jonoxer
Freetronics Staff
Freetronics Staff

Re: Eagle files corrupt?

Post by jonoxer » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:47 pm

Thanks for clarifying that Andrew.

I know it's probably more work initially, but another good approach would be to install Git on your local machine and clone the whole project. Near the top of the page is the repository URL that you put into Git, and it'll then suck down all the files including all revisions and history.

Or another way to get everything in one go without installing Git is to use the "ZIP" icon near the top left of the file list. That'll give you a zip file containing all the raw files bundled up together: just extract it, point Eagle at it, and all should be fine.
--
Jon