LCD stopped working while programming

The LCD and Keypad Shield gives you a handy 16-character by 2-line display, 5 buttons and a controllable backlight.
chocobo_ff

LCD stopped working while programming

Postby chocobo_ff » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:21 pm

Hi,

I have a LCD/keypad shield that is connected to a Redboard. It was working fine for a couple of weeks, but this morning half way through programming/uploading, the process failed. The top row now displays white boxes while the bottom has nothing (see attached image). I cannot upload any program to the Redboard as it just hangs. However if I unplug the LCD shield and program the Redboard by itself, that works fine. My suspicion at the moment is that the LCD shield is damaged, is there a way I can 'reset' the shield or anything obvious that I should try? Thanks in advance :)

Regards,
Danny
Attachments
2016-12-05 09.14.29.jpg

KegRaider

Re: LCD stopped working while programming

Postby KegRaider » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:47 am

I have had that a few times myself with my LCD shields. I have just got used to removing the shield before flashing. I believe it has something to do with the the power draw on my crappy little laptop. Maybe if the Arduino was powered externally, as well as having the USB to flash, that it would be fine. Give it a go with the shield unplugged, flash it, then (with USB/power off) put your LCD shield back on the Arduino.

Return to “LCDK: LCD & Keypad Shield”